Tuesday, December 2, 2008

New Opportunities

I started a new job today. Not a painting job but a school nurse job. I was a nurse before I started my mural company. I have missed it. I have missed helping and caring for those in need. Health and wellness are integral to happiness.
Most people do not know how their bodies work and often are not connected to their bodies.

The general population tries to make good eating and exercise decisions on a large scale but often neglect listening to their bodies and it's needs during the flux of stress in a typical day.
Illness arises out of neglect of the body. Certain systems become over taxed and stress and toxins build up at a weak point and illness develops.

The general population know it in some diseases but don't realizes it happens with all people. Not just the heart attacks or the stomach issues. And typical modern medicine takes the treat and street philosophy. Not the slow down what's going on approach that is needed for real disease prevention.

But I digress. I am back and dusting off my stethoscope. I am reading my Nursing books at night to get myself up to speed. I am loving it and excited to have a place in the health care issues.

1 comment:

KB said...

Kate, I have tried to reach you to send off your gift but alas you did not leave me a way to find you. So blessings are into the universe for you...