Monday, November 3, 2008

Walk with me...










Change is hard... It brings up many emotions for many people. For me I am hit with sadness first. The disappointment of dreams unfulfilled. The things hoped for and not realized. This sadness makes me hesitant for change. I pull back. I become afraid of what is ahead... I then have to put to rest the dreams that I am leaving behind and start to make new dreams. I have to be gentle with myself. Learning new things takes time and mistakes. I need my rest and my quiet. I need time to grieve the old and then pull up my bootstraps....and plunge ahead.

My friend Carolyn talks about change as a little death. If i agree with this, then I need to allow myself to grieve. To feel the pain of loss. If we don't we tend to hold on to the sadness and not heal. We harbor our grief and it can hold us back. Resentment can build and create pain where there doesn't need to be.
So my little company is gone. I am hanging a little black wreath on the door and moving forward.
What I wasn't prepared for was the goodbye from friends in the industry. I didn't think about the people I won't see any more. Now I am really sad...

Kinda like leaving high school....Mixed emotions....

No comments: