Friday, October 24, 2008

Pretending to be.....happy.




I have been pondering that quote that I found while doing the blog challenge a few days ago...
"That's alright. Maybe after while we'll be as brave as we're pretending to be."

Can be applied to anything. I have been sad about my dearest going away and my youngest being too "old" for his momma. Quiet house, quiet heart, quiet mind...

Yesterday, I posted about decorating... I was pretending to be excited but really I thought... "Why do this there is no one here to care"...I don't want to be sad anymore so I pretended to be happy...

I had so much fun yeaterday. The pretending worked. I even dressed in holiday spirit for my one outing. I joined two swaps here. When I went to the store I ended up with supplies for pie and a spider cake, some pumpkin cookies for the cookie jar. I feel better. I decided to make a big Lasagna for dinner. My hubby then wants to ask if he can invite a friend over, then my son decides to have a friend over. Now My Dear daughter calls and says she's coming home this weekend. AND my Uncle called and he is coming this weekend and ....Yippeee!! The house fills with family.

Oh the joy!

So if you just aren't up to it....Some times pretending you are just might make it so...

No comments: