Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My big boy!


I drew this for my husband when we were dating our first year of college. It was his Jersey. Now my baby Ethan, had his first shinning moment in football. He scored a touchdown for his team for their first playoff game. AND he made the evening news and newspaper!
Yippeee!!

I was asked what it was like having children by a teenager...
I had to explain it like his...
I thought having children was like having a puppy. You love it a lot and unconditionally but I was so wrong.
Having children is like an extension of your self. You get to live another life. You feel their feelings, experience their joys and pain. I get to live three lives. I feel all they feel, cry when they do and cheer at the top of my lungs in the stands...for their simplest of efforts...
I can only thank God in the humblest of voices for allowing me the privilege to have these two precious dears in my care...

Sniffle sniffle...

1 comment:

Terri Paulson-Sasaki said...

Kari, you're baby plays football. My son graduated last year from high school and played football and golf. We already have a connection. I am still the team photographer. Yipee.