Monday, February 2, 2009

My Golden ticket

I was at church tonight, ending our membership class. My husband talked about how some people have "it" and what is that "it" that makes some people from church different. Peaceful, light filled, joyful...
To me finding God is like finding your Golden ticket. Like Willie Wonka and the Chocolate factory. You spend your life searching and eating and trying anything you can to get that golden ticket. In and out we search, we despair, we find copies, we convince ourselves that maybe we don't need it.... We try to be different people, we try to hang with the right crowd, all trying to find the Golden ticket to what ever "it" is. Some give up, some turn to addictions to mask the pain of not having it. But yet if we sit in the stillness and there in our own left pocket hides the ticket all along. YES, it's that simple. In the quiet, is God. and that noise of our busy lives is just noise. That sticky kiss from the two yr old is God. The hug from your mother is God. Even a cat's purr is God. and that peace is God's golden ticket.

I no longer have to hunt or worry or despair that I am not good enough or that I am not complete enough because I found my Golden ticket. You can too. It's with you all along. It doesn't matter what you've been told all your life, or who has hurt you or even why...It matters what you tell others, what you do to others and how you care for others because it's in that what you do for others that they maybe can find their golden ticket.

1 comment:

Vikki North said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.