Saturday, November 1, 2008

Taking my crayons and going home....


I am closing up shop... I am sad but excited..
I have decided to move on. I went through horrible grief when I closed my little shop three or was it four years ago...I am having leaky moments as I sort though the boxes of art supplies. I loved working at trade shows and teaching all over this big country of ours. I have made so many friends in this industry. But the winds of change have pushed me back to nursing.

I am going back to school for my doctorate. Big change, big commitment and Yikes I have to take the GRE... Haven't had a math class in 20 years... So I am cramming every night Big day is DEC. 16th.
But in this econmy where jobs are scarce and health care if failing I feel compelled to do my part. I want to be a part of health care reform. There is even a new discipline called Art Therapy and even a center of Spirituality and wellness at the U of M. That is where i am headed.

So Here I go reinventing myself yet again. I can never say to my kids what do you want to be when you grow up....More like what do you want to do now...? Then change as you grow.

Faux finishing is done for me now. I have gone as far as I wanted to take it. I have done homes, commercial spaces, been published, sales and rep a big company, became a national instructor and created art in over 200 homes. I am still creative but feel the need to create for me. I have moved on in my heart.. My heart is just not in it anymore. I have turned my hobby into a great business for 10 years... Now back to my first love.

2 comments:

Terri Paulson-Sasaki said...

I wish you lots of luck. You can do this. I didn't get my bachelors or my masters until I was 41 years old and I appreciate it so much more. The cool thing about Math is it really never changes.

Anonymous said...

I'm in shock.
I've put the 16th on my calendar and will send good vibes. The very best of luck.