Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Artsy Party Tonight!

I have more crafting stuff than I will ever use in a lifetime. I decided to have a party monthly and GIVE my crafting supplies to my friends as we laughed and created. So The Artsy Parties have begun.
Tonight is the second month.


I was feeling a bit disgusted with myself a few months ago. I was feeling the craving to be creative... Make something. That's a bit funny for someone who makes her living as an artist. But making art for the sake of creating is very different than painting what a customer wants and getting paid for that. I wanted to create without a vested interest in the outcome.

I had spend too much time reading about creating, collecting books about creating and gathering supplies about creating but NOT creating...
I invited one of my artsy friends over and proceeded to tell her my plan. As I was showing her my hoards of craft materials...
I make a theme (based on how much crap I have for that activity) and then invite my friends. They can invite more friends if they like. It is free. They bring essentials for the craft or they can work on an existing project. I have some basics. Everyone brings an appetizer or a bottle of wine and we spend the evening creating.
This months topic is Autumn centerpieces...
Bring stuff (flowers wire container to share) treats and or wine. I supply the space the floral tape and misc. filler for the centerpiece.
I am so excited as this lands on my first day of 29 gifts in 29 days...I can't wait to tell everyone about this wave of giving...

No comments: